RTL2832U/R820T USB SDR, DVB-T, DAB, TV Tuner Support MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264
WyJen is a premier provider of SDR USB SDR. Our goal is to provide the very best in USB SDR with improvement and optimizations of the low cost SDR USB devices. Because our quality control standards are high, our Engineers are among the best in the business. Our goal is to always deliver SDR USB devices that last. We want you, our valued customer, to be happy. Here is a short list of our improvements to the standard low cost USB SDR device.
1. To improve ESD/EOS reliability, added RF input port and I2C bus ESD protection circuit.
2. Minimized the RF trace from RF connector to device RF input pin..
3. Protected RF traces with ground traces and guard rings.
4. Used shielded connectors with all shields connected to the ground plane with low impedance connections.
5. Minimized the ground path to device E-pad for the crystal.
6. Placed crystal away from RF traces.
7. Protected crystal traces with ground traces and guard rings.
8. The crystal amplifier oscillator has a dedicated power supply pin (Pin11), which should be carefully decoupled to ground with minimal lead lengths in order to minimize board noise from coupling into the reference clock.
9. Moved system clocks and frequently switched signals should away from crystal and RF trace.
10. Placed AGC filter and CP filter circuits as close to the device as possible.
11. Minimized the CP filter ground path to device E-pad.
12. System digital traces routed away from RF traces.
13. Placed ceramic DC bypass capacitors as close to the device as possible. This insures that the power goes through the capacitors before power goes through the VIAs to the power plane.
14. Multi layer board with power and ground on separate dedicated layers
15. IR LED remote distance capable of 40m.
16. Over-voltage protection on the USB end.
The WyJen Technologies SDR implements the
RTL2832U/R820T chipset and is designed to work with multiple devices including
Linux / Windows / PCs / MACs /Androids / iPhones. It is a high quality Software Defined Radio sold at a very reasonable price. USB dongles implementing the Realtek RTL2832U can be used as
an inexpensive SDR because the chip can be configured to send the raw I/Q
samples to the host (Linux/Windows/MAC PC, iphone, Android), which is
officially used for DVB-T/DAB+/FM demodulation.
At the university level this type of technology can become an invaluable research tool as it allows for the development of the SW prototype before any actual HW development.
Also, If the user prefers, this
device can be used in an end product because of the PCB mounting holes and the
USB interface can be connected directly to a host processor. Interested parties
may contact WyJen Technologies for questions.
1. FM: both narrow band and wide band. The former is used on two way radio systems such as emergency services and private radio networks (like couriers and taxis) and UHF CB. The latter is the usual broadcast FM which most people are familiar used in their home or vehicle. Aircraft, boats and ships also use narrow band FM which can be listened in on using RTLSDR. The SDR# software can receive both narrowband and wideband FM and the latter which includes FM stereo.
2. ADS-B. The ADS-B application software can be downloaded from www.rf-connect.com/sdr-software.
3. AM: Most AM transmissions are below the bottom frequency of RTL SDR dongles. You will need a translator to get these frequency bands.
4. Upper/Lower Sideband (USB/LSB). See AM above.
5. CW: Continuous wave for morse code enthusiasts.
6. With GNURadio you can receive and demodulate digital modes such as pagers (POCSAG), ADS-B (aircraft positions), AIS (ship positions), AP25 and TETRA (digital trunk radio) and many others.
7. Satellite reception including receiving ham transmissions from the International Space Station are possible.
RTL2832U/R820T USB Device With Male MCX Antenna
- Brand: WyJen
- Product Code: WRX000-5V-WIQU05C-SDR-A
- Availability: In Stock